To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before Book Tag
Creator of the Tag: Frankinesce (check out her video here)
Kenny From Camp: Your First Book Love
Bree’s Pick: the Clique series by Lisi Harrison and the A-List series by Zoey Dean
- If I remember correctly, I began avidly reading around middle school, and these books were the ones that hooked me. I remember trading copies back and forth with Tree so many years ago and being over-the-moon excited when The Clique movie came out (lol).
Tree’s Pick: the Little House on the Prairie and the Dear America series
- I wish I could remember the exact book that turned me into a reader, but that was so long ago and honestly I don’t think it was one single book. But, both the Little House on the Prairie and the Dear America series are series I adored when I was young. I read all the books multiple times and still have my copies. Fun Fact: I once dressed up as Laura Ingalls Wilder for a school project.
John Ambrose McClaren: The Book That Got Away (a book that might not be an all time favorite, but you’ll always love it)
Bree’s Pick: Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
- This book is like my happy place book. I pick it up every so often when I need a dose of Childhood Nostalgia. This book has everything a girl could want from adolescence; great friends, a cute crush, a memorable summer, and a sleepaway camp. If I had to guess, those would be the reasons why I hold this book so close to my heart.
Tree’s Pick: The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
- This series will always hold a special place in my heart. The books are not my favorite of all time, but I loved reading these and they are the series that got me into Young Adult books. Plus, Mia and Michael were my first OTP, I shipped them before I even knew what shipping was (does that make me old?). Please note that the books are VERY different from the movies. I still love the movies with all my heart, but there are SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES.
Lucas From Homecoming: Your Favorite LGBTQ+ Character or Book
Bree’s Pick: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- I mean, do I even need to explain? If you’ve read this book, I’m almost positive you loved it too. The back and forth banter between Blue and Simon just gets me in the feels every time. I think the reason I like it so much is because that’s the witty conversation I aspire to have in my relationships (it usually doesn’t happen, but I’m still hopeful).
Tree’s Pick: Autoboyography by Christina Lauren
- I fell in love with this story and the characters. I borrowed this from the library on a whim and I am so glad I did. This book made me feel all the feels, I am pretty sure I cried at some points. I need to buy my own copy so I can reread it over and over again.
Josh Sanderson: The Book Next-Door (a book you’ll love no matter how many times you reread it)
Bree’s Pick: It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
- All I can say is that this book has gotten me through so much undesirable crap in my life, and anytime I’m feeling down I know I can reread it and I’ll feel a bit better about whatever I’m dealing with.
Tree’s Pick: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- This book holds such a special place in my heart. I read it my freshman year of college and totally could relate to Cath. If only there had been a Levi in my life. Fun fact: once I went to my friend’s physics discussion because her TA looked like an IRL Levi. I wasn’t even in this class. #NoRegrets.
Peter Kavinsky: Your One True Book Love
Bree’s Pick: Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
- Ever since I can remember I’ve had an interest in mythology, specifically Greek, and it all stems back to this series. When I first read the Percy Jackson series, I fell into it wholeheartedly, the same way most people have with Harry Potter (see below). These books cement my bookworm status, and I can gladly claim to have dressed up as Annabeth for more than a few Halloweens.
Tree’s Pick: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- I have to say the Harry Potter series. This series has shaped so much of my life and I have so many happy memories associated with it. I collect different editions of the books, I’ve been multiple characters for Halloween, I am a boss at HP trivia, and I just simply love the story so much. It is one of the few series that I can say changed my life.
xoxo, Bree & Tree