Since this blog is still ~semi~ new I figured I would do a sort of “get to know me” type of post.
Originally this was only going to be 10 facts about me. But, then I got this cute idea that I should do 24 facts because this is going up close to my 24th birthday. Writing 10 facts was easy. Writing 24 was not.
*Thanks to Bree for taking the header photo*
Bookish Facts About Me:
1. I’ve loved reading since I was a little kid.
2. I read most contemporary and am easily intimidated by fantasy. However, some of my favorite novels of all time are fantasy (Harry Potter & Six of Crows).
3. Ever since joining Bookstagram my TBR has gotten out of control. Thanks to excess book buying and hoarding of books, I suddenly own a ton of books that I’ve never read. I am currently trying to buy less books.
4. My favorite Harry Potter book is Prisoner of Azkaban. I don’t know if it’s my favorite because I have such a positive memory of reading this book for the first time (audiobook on the way to Yellowstone) or if it truly was the story that captivated me. But I mean, I love the marauders, learning about Sirius, the Marauders Map, Lupin…..
5. I’ve been lucky enough to meet a lot of my favorite authors. I am lucky enough to live close(ish) to a big city where many authors tour.
6. Ever since I started doing Goodreads Reading Goals in 2013, I’ve met them every year, except 2014 and I am still bitter about that. For anyone wondering, it was my first year of college and I did not have access to a library.
7. I buy most of my books online, at used bookstores, or at library book sales. I am all about a deal and honestly can’t afford to spend all my money on books. One day it is my dream to support more Independent Bookstores.
8. JK Rowling is my most owned author. I collect different editions of Harry Potter and thus have 20+ copies of her books.
9. I used to read books out of order. Until I was 18; I read mostly library books. Sometimes they did not have the next book in the series and rather than wait I just would read whatever the next book was. I remember doing this for the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. I would never dream of doing that today.
10. I am a fast reader and I tend to enjoy books more if I am able to binge them.
11. I have started reading more romance, poetry, and general fiction in the past year. It’s been a lot of fun widening my horizons, but I still love YA so much.
12. I am a Ravenclaw (how are we only halfway done).
13. I try to only buy books that I think I will like. So unless it is written by a favorite author or is the next installment in a series, I tend to only buy books that I’ve read (thank you to my library).
14. My favorite place to read is my bed.
15. I am reluctant to start new series, especially if the sequels have not been announced.
16. The first couple I hardcore shipped was Princess Mia & Michael Moscovitz from the Princess Diaries. I did not even know what shipping was at this point.
17. When Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare first came out; I read it during finals week. I would study for an hour and then read a chapter and then repeat. Thank goodness Cassie writes long chapters.
18. I usually am reading more than one book at a time, but they are usually different formats. I typically have some variation of a physical book, an ebook, and an audiobook going.
19. I have never ordered a bookish subscription box. Not necessarily because I have not wanted to, but they are expensive and I like picking out my own stuff. I also rarely buy bookish merch so it would be a sort of a waste.
20. Pride & Prejudice is my favorite classic and I am trash for retellings of this story.
21. When people ask me for book recommendations I am really dramatic about it, especially if they are non readers.
22. Some of my favorite books covers are: Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare (yes I know it’s not out yet), Caraval by Stephanie Garber, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski, the new designs for the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, & Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills.
23. In 2019 I have started unhauling a large amount of my books. I am trying to get rid of any book that I don’t plan on rereading or won’t use for Bookstagram photos.
24. I am hoping to hit 1,000 books marked as “read” on Goodreads in 2019. As of January 25, I have 947 marked as “read” and my average rating is 3.61/5 stars.
OOF. We did it everyone. Thanks for sticking around and reading. Now I am off to have a quarter life crisis because 24 feels very old to me at the moment.