We really enjoyed doing the Rip It or Ship It Book Tag back in December, so we thought we would bring it back, but with a little twist this time. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, the characters we picked are all from romance novels.
Welcome to Rip It or Ship It: Romance Edition
[Here’s a recap for anyone who doesn’t know what this tag is. Basically, we picked 14 names (or 7 couples in this case) from our favorite romance novels and put them into a hat. Then we drew names out in pairs and decided if we shipped or ripped the couple.]
1. Jasmine Santos (From Lukov with Love) & Darcy Barrett (99 Percent Mine)
SHIP – They are both take charge women and they know what they want. Jasmine is an extremely hard worker and doesn’t let her failures dictate her life. Darcy is in a bit of a slump when we see her in 99 Percent Mine and Jasmine would totally be supportive of Darcy’s career. Plus, Darcy would be able to travel with Jasmine and photograph all her competitions.
2. Lucy Hutton (The Hating Game) & Sacha Malykhin (Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin)
RIP – Lucy would not be able to handle Sacha’s traveling for work and likes control too much to even date a guy in a band.
3. Gabby Barreto (Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin) & Aiden Graves (The Wall of Winnipeg & Me)
RIP – Gabby would not be able to handle Aiden’s silence and would eventually just give up.
4. Ivan Lukov (From Lukov with Love) & Josh Im (Josh & Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating)
SHIP – Ivan is a is an animal maniac; he has so many pets. Josh would totally be down with the crazy amounts of pets.
5. Joshua Templeton (The Hating Game) & Hazel Bradford (Josh & Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating)
RIP – Josh would be way too intense and serious for Hazel, and she would be too hyper and crazy for Josh’s temperament.
6. Vanessa Mazur (The Wall of Winnipeg & Me) & Michael Phan (The Kiss Quotient)
SHIP – Okay, they’re both caregiver-type personalities, so they would get along very well. Also, Michael’s family would totally love and welcome Vanessa, which is perfect because her family is estranged.
7. Stella Lane (The Kiss Quotient) & Tom Valeska (99 Percent Mine)
SHIP – Stella needs someone who can be understanding and gentle with her, and Tom is great a being there for the people he cares about. He would be patient with her and make her feel safe.
Do you agree? Let us know in the comments!
xoxo, Bree & Tree