On April 14 we attended the LA Times Festival of Books! This was Tree’s second time attending and Bree’s first time. Overall, a lot of fun was had! Yay for more bookish memories.
We were pretty chill when planning the day and almost accomplished everything we set out to do.
Here are our highlights of the day:
- Leigh Bardugo personalizing Tree’s copy of Crooked Kingdom. Leigh was only doing one personalization and Tree wanted her to personalizes a copy Six of Crows that she was giving as a gift, but when she explained the situation, Leigh asked for her name and personalized Tree’s book too. *crying emoji*
- The moderator at the Leigh Bardugo event spoiling a major plot point in Crooked. Kingdom. For those who have not read the book, not good. But, we thought it was funny.
- Also, Leigh’s panel was in the most ostentatious, decadent, over-the-top room. It was ridiculous, but also somehow very fitting.
- Meeting Fitzwilliam Waffles!! He belongs to the owners of the Ripped Bodice and we have wanted to meet him for over a year. It was worth the wait. We basically petted him for 20 minutes. Okay. It was like 30 minutes. It’s fine.
- Jennifer E. Smith signing the cover of Tree’s copy of This is What Happy Looks Like.
- Watching Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka get upstaged by The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- FREE TOTES. We here, at Words About Words, truly love tote bags. Getting one or more for free automatically qualifies as A Good Day.
- Goofing off and taking photos for the ‘gram. There were some quality photos taken that will never see the light of day.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Bree & Tree