*But We Don’t Have Time For.
In a world filled with ARCs and New Releases, it’s very hard to find time for reread to Old Favorites. These are just a few (HAHA) of the ones we wish we could pick up again (soon).
So there are two distinct categories of books in my list 1) old favorites that I haven’t read in at least 3+ years, or 2) books I’ve read in the last year that were so good I want to reread them immediately (I’ll mark these with a * so you can check them out).
- House of Night Series: This is honestly a nostalgia reread. I have very fond memories of this series, and want to revisit simpler time (lol).
- Red, White & Royal Blue * : THIS IS MY LEGIT FAVORITE BOOK OF 2019, OKAY?. I read it over the course of 5 days to try and stretch it out, and it totally didn’t work. It hasn’t even been three months since I read it and I already want to reread it (and have for the last month and a half). You can read my review here.
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me * : UGH. THIS BOOK. This was my second (and favorite) Mariana Zapata book and I really just want to revisit the epic slow burn romance. Do I need to say anything else? My review can be found here.
- Things You Save in a Fire * : I happened to get an ARC of this in March and it was so good that I want read it a second time before it even comes out. (If that isn’t a glowing recommendation, I don’t know what it.)
- Sourdough * : This was my first Robin Sloan novel, and it was as wondrous and unique as promised. And also, like, bread shenanigans? Yes, please.
- The Zodiac Quartet: Okay, so I actually wanted to reread this so bad that I willing threw a 4-book series on the top of my TBR. I’m almost done with book 1 and I’m realizing the rest of the series is probably going to have to wait til I catch up on ARCs.
- Alice in Zombieland Series: I have a weird fondness for this series. I don’t think it was particularly great, but I did really enjoy it. Also, Alice in Wonderland + Zombies = Hell Yeah Reread.
- The Airhead Trilogy: This another nostalgia reread. I just remember really enjoying this series and would also love to read some Meg Cabot.
- Geekerella: A Cinderella retelling + pop culture geekdom? Yes, thank you. Also, I remember the characters being entertaining and the romance being cute.
- Howl’s Moving Castle: THERE. IS. A. BOOK. Did you know that? It’s actually different from the movie, but still really entertaining and filled with magical shenanigans.
- Basically all of Morgan Maston’s books: I mean, Morgan is the Queen of Summer Contemporaries, and it is summer, so logically rereads are necessary, right? Right.
- The Winner’s Curse Trilogy: I loved this series back when I first read it and I even met Marie Rutoski at Yallwest 2015. The cover change did not do this series any favors.
- The Selection Series: Bree reread this like a month ago and now I want to feel the 2013 feels again.
- Harry Potter: I plan to reread the series via the audiobooks. I know it is going to take forever because there are other audiobooks I want to listen to. I just finished listening to book one and it was glorious.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: I had to read this before my freshman year of High School (Yay for summer reading homework), but I do not think I truly grasped the significance of the story and think I could appreciate and learn more from rereading it.
- Certain Sarah Dessen’s books: My personal holy trinity of SD books is Just Listen, Along for the Ride, & The Truth About Forever. Plus, I think Along for the Ride is being turned into a movie or something, so reread is necessary.
- Pride & Prejudice: I may have seen the movie a lot, but I still want to reread.
- The Lunar Chronicles: I started a reread of this series last year and only read the first two books. I don’t understand why I stopped because Cress is my favorite of the series.
- The Infernal Devices Series: I have no idea why I want to reread this so much. But, this is my favorite Shadowhunter series (I am like 80% sure) and I just want to see my faves.
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea: I loved this one so much and just want to relive it. Here is my review if you’re interested: A Very Large Expanse of Sea Review
- I’ll Meet You There: I really enjoyed this contemporary, but I don’t remember much aside from that I liked it.
What books do you want to reread? Tell us in the comments!
xoxo, Bree & Tree