Well Met by Jen DeLuca
Publication Date: September 3rd, 2019
Have you ever latched onto a specific book and become convinced you’ll love it by some completely arbitrary thing? That was me with this book. First of all, I have no idea how/when I heard of this book, but the second I did I was like I WANT IT. It was not that easy, NetGalley rejected me and the publisher did not want to give me a copy. I even preordered it before I read it, which I rarely do. In one of those ‘Meant to Be Moments’, I won a copy from the author’s newsletter. Like, I clearly was meant to read this book. I also won a flower crown as part of my prize and I had just told Bree that I wanted a flower crown. Life is weird sometimes and everything turns out how you want it. Still not over it.
Anyways, onto the review! This book follows Emily who is currently living with her sister and niece and ends up signing up for the local Renaissance Faire. She immediately conflicts with the Ren Faire organizer, Simon, on basically everything. To be honest that is all you have to know. I have no idea why I was so sure I would love this one because literally all I knew was that it was Hate to Love at a Ren Faire. The Ren Faire is such a fun setting and I can’t wait to read the other book that Jen is writing in this world (according to Goodreads it is coming in 2020)
WHAT I LOVED:
- Emily was such a fun protagonist. She is a little lost, but just likes to help people
- The family dynamics, Emily and her sister have never been close, but seeing them grow to be friends and solidify their sisterly bond was nice
- Plus, the niece was super cute
- The Love Interest. Once I saw that he is wearing white converse high tops on the cover I was like I LOVE HIM
- Plus the author has tweeted many a pics of Killian Jones/Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time and I may have pictured Colin O’Donoghue as him. Maybe I need to rewatch certain Once Upon a Time episodes.
- The Ren Faire! This was such a cool and unique setting! Like low key a workplace romance but so much more fun bc there are costumes and Queen Elizabeth is wandering around
- How much Emily loved coffee bc same!
- Also, bookstores, Pride & Prejudice, Shakespeare, and Harry Potter are all mentioned which almost summarized my entire brand
- Emily was a Girl Scout!! I loved this mention and even though its super brief, I loved it. We were Girl Scouts and I love seeing that GS rep
WHAT I DID NOT LOVE:
- Honestly nothing! This book has everything I like in my romance novels.
This book releases on TUESDAY and y’all should check it out!
Thanks for reading!
Goodreads link: Well Met