We have seen variations of ideas like this around from reading 20 new books to 20 books on your physical TBR to 20 backlist books. We sort of combined them all and just listed 20 books that we want to read this year (10 each).
We’re both terrible at making TBRs so who knows if we will even follow through with these, but it will be fun to look back on either way!
I’m terrible at following any sort of TBR, so I basically just picked the first 10 books that were on my Goodreads TBR, and fell into both these categories: A.) I own a physical copy of the book, and B.) I was frustrated I didn’t get to it in 2019. Here’s hoping I read at least half these titles this year!
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
- Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
- A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
- Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto
- The Circus by Olivia Levez
- The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke
Look I have lots of reading plans for 2020 that I am pretty sure will not pan out. Here are 10 books that I own and really want to read this year. The order is not based on how much I want to read it or how long I’ve owned it or anything really.
- Little Weirds by Jenny Slate
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
- A Good Neighborhood by Therese Anne Fowler
- Dragonfly by Leila Meacham
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- How To Walk Away by Katherine Center
- Puddin’ by Julie Murphy
What backlist books are you eyeing for 2020?
xoxo, Bree & Tree