So, in late 2019 I stumbled upon this reading challenge, Beat the Backlist, hosted by @NovelKnight, and I knew that I was going to have to join in 2020. This reading challenge focuses on reading all the books on your TBR that came out before the current year (which I have a lot of). A cool thing about this challenge is that you have to option of joining a team, and because I’m more than a little competitive, I’ve decided to join The Borrowers. Since sign-ups are open all year long, I’ve procrastinated a little on getting my TBR configured and posted, but here it is finally!
So, I pretty much stole this list from another post that Tree and I did previously, but only because I’m terrible at assembling (& sticking to) TBRs and all these books were published 2019 or earlier. (Okay, I added 5 more books so it’s less like cheating?) But here are at least 15 backlist books I would like to get around to reading in 2020!
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
- Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan
- A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
- Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto
- The Circus by Olivia Levez
- The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman
- Big Boned by Meg Cabot
- Firstlife by Gena Showalter
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White
Are you hitting your backlist this year?