I saw this tag on Word Wonder’s YouTuber channel and since I LOVE HALSEY I had to make this into a blog post! (No I was not tagged)
I listened to this album probably at least ten times while I was working from home this week.
1. ASHLEY: a book with great character development.
This is All Your Fault by Aminah Mae Safi. All three main characters grow and change over the course of one day!
2. CLEMENTINE: a book with mental illness representation.
3. GRAVEYARD: a horror book.
I don’t read horror, but I recently read #MurderTrending by Gretchen McNeil and it disturbed me. Some of it was quite graphic.
4. YOU SHOULD BE SAD: a book with a morally gray character.
I don’t read a lot of morally gray characters (why is this such a common tag question?), so I’m just going to say Kaz from Six of Crows.
5. FOREVER (IS A LONG TIME): a book with an immortal character or one that chases after immortality.
My mind is literally blanking except for Voldemort from Harry Potter.
6. I HATE EVERYBODY: a boon with a grumpy character who’s soft inside.
Love a good grumpy romance hero!! Anyways, Jack from A Marriage for One is the poster child for this prompt.
7. 3AM: a book that you stayed up to finish.
The 57 Bus! I honestly don’t say up late to read anymore bc my sleep schedule is a careful balance that if I throw off never seems to get fixed. But, I read this book v quickly and did not put it down until I finished. Read my review here.
8. WITHOUT ME: a book with a toxic and/or abusive relationship (no matter its nature).
Can I say Catch & Kill by Ronan Farrow? This book is phenomenal. I still am thinking about it.
9. FINALLY/BEAUTIFUL STRANGER: a book with the second chance trope.
This is not my favorite trope lol, but the first one that comes to mind is The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams.
10. KILLING BOYS: a book with a revenge story.
I read this a long time ago so I am not entirely sure if it fits the prompt, but The Nowhere Girls. This book is so good, but please check triggers before reading.
11. MORE: a book with an intergenerational story.
Dig by A.S. King. I actually need to finish reading this book, but. my ebook got returned to the library before I could finish it…
12. STILL LEARNING: a book about a celebrity, either real or fictional.
I read Crashing the A-List by Summer Heacock earlier this year! Honestly idk why I picked this one up…But, I loved the beginning and was having so much fun with it, but by the end it had disappointed me and I only gave it 3 stars.
13. 929: A memoir or a biography.
I just got a copy Save Yourself by Cameron Esposito from the publisher and I can’t wait to read it!
Thanks for reading!
Have you listened to Manic?