Not to make light of a serious situation, but we thought this would be a fun way to connect to people in this difficult time. We’ve created a few questions centered around staying at home and keeping people up to date on how/what we’re doing. We hope y’all are staying safe in these crazy times, and please do the tag if you feel so inclined!
- Pingback to us, @WordsAboutWords , so we can see all your answers.
- Tag the person you found this from.
- Don’t stress and have fun! (& also stay safe!)
1. Favorite reading spot at home?
Bree: Recently I’ve been reading a lot in my ‘reading nook’ AKA the loveseat couch that’s tucked against a window.
Tree: My bed!
2. An unread book in your physical TBR?
Bree: Chosen by Kiersten White. I went to one of the tour stops for its release in January and I’ve been quite amped to read it since then. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet because I can’t quite remember how Slayer ended…
Tree: Well let me check the 85 I own…Once I finish the reading for my YA Fiction class, I really want to read The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré.
3. A book you’ve actually read from your physical TBR pile?
Tree: American Panda by Gloria Chao
4. Next book release you’re hyped for?
Bree: I’m really excited for the release of Wibbroka’s third book, Time of Our Lives. [Out Tuesday April 21st!]
Tree: The Switch by Beth O’Leary! I won an ARC from Goodreads & have already read it, but I can’t wait until it’s out in the world!
5. Favorite bookish world to escape to?
Tree: I really enjoyed being in the 2020 described in Red, White & Royal Blue.
6. A bookish world you would NOT want to visit?
Bree: Let’s say Wilder Girls by Rory Power, because I could not deal with an mysterious illness & island quarantine. [haha?]
Tree: Any book that currently has a pandemic. I read to escape okay!
7. Favorite author to follow on Twitter?
Tree: Emma Lord (author of Tweet Cute) has lately become one of my favorites.
8. A bookish craft you’d like to try?
Bree: The next bookish craft I want to try is creating the ‘sprayed edges’ look on a hardcover. Which, I learned, is not actually sprayed when you DIY it?
Tree: I want to make some bookmarks! Or practice lettering some quotes.
9. Something you’d like to practice/get better at?
Bree: I’ve been sketching a lot to work on my people-drawing and to “figure out my art style.”
Tree: I’ve been working on my watercolor skills.
10. How many times has your reading been interrupted by a family member/living mate?
Bree: Honestly, way more than a few times. My boyfriend does not understand the concept of “I’m reading. Please leave me alone.”
Tree: A few times! I mostly read at night when everyone in my family is doing their own thing.
11. Have you bought a book since you’ve been in quarantine? Which & from where? [No? Well, there’s still time…]
Bree: I lasted until the last day of March but then on a high off my binge of A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder [review here], I ruined it all. I saw a tweet from Holly Jackson promoting the UK release date of the AGGGTM sequel, Good Girl, Bad Blood [April 20th 2020!] and panic pre-ordered it from Book Depository when I realized that the US edition was at least a year away from publication.
12. What TV shows/movies have you binged watched?
Bree: Q and I have been binging a lot of American Horror Story [finished Hotel, binged Roanoke, & started Cult], and we’ve made it through most of the Fast and the Furious movie franchise.
Tree: I’ve been rewatching Brooklyn Nine-Nine with my sister and mom & slowly making my way through New Girl.
13. What other media are you consuming?
Bree: I’ve been watching a lot of instructional sewing videos [learning to sew masks], and I’ve been listening to music and audiobooks constantly. [Here’s my current Spotify playlist, if you’re interested.]
Tree: Lots of music and audiobooks! I’ve really been enjoying Conan Grey’s album Kid Krow and Delta Rae’s new album The Light.
14. Favorite song to wash your hands to?
Bree: Truth Hurts by Lizzo
Tree: Shake it Off by Taylor Swift
Stay safe & thanks for reading!
xoxo, Bree & Tree