So I finally have some free time and am cleaning up my computer’s bookmarks. One folder I have is any book tag/blog post I’m interested in doing at a later date. I’ve been doing this since 2019 and have quite a few tags that I did not do (or already did and need to delete) and this is one of those!
So I originally saw this one on Confession’s of a Serial Reader’s page. See their post here. It looks like PaperFury took the tag from Instagram and I think thus gets credit for starting it? Either way, here is her post.
It looks like you can just use the number three and then answer questions that way? Anyways. I used a mix of both their questions.
I have such a hard time making any decisions much less my FAVORITES OF ALL TIME. So these are sort of my answers for right this moment.
3 favorite authors
This is such a hard thing to choose. This is also has changed as I’ve gotten older and my reading tastes have changed. Like Meg Cabot was my fave in middle school and I read everything by her.
- Currently Taylor Jenkins Reid is my number one!! I adore how her characters feel so real and the way she crafts her stories. Two of her books are some of my favorite books of all time. I met her once and she was so sweet. RIP to the photo we took that didn’t save so I have no photographic proof.
- Rachel Lynn Solomon is an author I started reading last year and I’ve loved everything I’ve read from her. I think I just need to read her debut? See my reviews for her latest, We Can’t Keep Meeting Like This here.
- Jason Reynolds is another author who I am just so impressed by everything he writes. I’m so glad kids and teens today have his words because wow they are powerful. I recommend listening to anything he narrates himself because he also has an amazing voice. I weirdly had a dream I met him last night? No idea why.
3 weirdest things I have used as a bookmark
Look I’ve probably used weird things as bookmarks, but I don’t remember them??
- I’ve used my phone as a temporary bookmark
- Before I got a lot of bookmarks, I used to only use library receipts.
- I also have used a pen many times.
3 characters I love
I’m a big character person. I prefer good characters to good plots and if I am not rooting for the characters I tend to not care about the book I’m reading.
- Alex Claremont-Diaz from Red, White & Royal Blue is one of my all times faves. There is just something I love about a chaotic, twenty-something year old, who is insanely passionate about politics and doing good in the world, and is just a truly chaotic bisexual who is always caffeinated. Plus, a major Star Wars nerd. See Bree’s review here.
- Daisy Jones (and Camila Dunne) from Daisy Jones & the Six. I love these women so much. They are so different but something ties them together and I just–it’s so much. See my review here.
- Allyson from Just One Day is one of my favorite YA characters. Her journey was so powerful for me to read at 18 and I still love this novel.
3 unpopular bookish opinions
I don’t feel like I don’t have a ton of unpopular opinions?
- I didn’t love The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue like so many did. I enjoyed it well enough, but I wish I liked it more.
- I am not a fan of the “classics”. I also don’t feel like this is an unpopular opinion amongst book internet people, but people IRL seem to care about classics.
- I did not like Finlay Donovan is Killing It which is super popular on bookstagram right now, but I just was not a fan.
3 popular bookish opinions
I love this question!!
- I love Taylor Jenkins Reid!! Which is clear from the number of times I’ve mentioned her in this post.
- I love the A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series. See Bree’s review of book one here. Also, we both highly recommend the audiobooks.
- I love Six of Crows. Leigh Bardugo is another author that I love. Shadow & Bone was excellent!!
3 titles I’ve watched, but not read
I’m so bad at knowing what things are adapted from books.
- But, I watched Bridgerton before I read it (but then I ended up reading almost all of them; see my thoughts here).
- Julie & the Phantoms has a book tie in edition that I bought, but have not read yet! I adore this show and see the tag I did based on the series here.
- Technically Mean Girls is based on a self help book and I definitely have not read that and will not.
3 series I flew through
I have really moved away from series since my attention span is tiny and I forget the entire plot of everything I read. I still read romance series because often you don’t need to read the books in order.
- I just mentioned Bridgerton, but I read books 2-8 in a very short time period this year.
- The first time I read the Infernal Devices I flew through those books. Thankfully they were all out when I read them.
- I honestly don’t remember another series that I flew through. I used to read series as they released, but I don’t really read series anymore so??? Fun Fact: When I read The Selection for the first time I did not know it was going to be a series and was not happy I had to wait so long for the next two books.
3 favorite covers
We did a whole post on our favorite covers from 2020 and we all know I love a good book cover. So this was very hard to chose and honestly these ended up being sort of random.
- I really like the cover for The Dutch House and once I figured out who was on the cover I loved it even more. See my review here.
- The cover for Hana Khan Carries On is simple, but so cute. See my review here.
- You Had Me at Hola is one of the prettiest covers I’ve ever seen.
3 authors I’ve read (most) of their books
- I’ve read all of Morgan Matson’s books!
- I’ve read all but one of Taylor Jenkins Reid’s books.
- I’ve read almost all of Emily Wibberley & Austin Siegemund-Broka’s books (they cowrite). I just have to read their latest YA that came out last month. See my review of their debut here and our joint review of their second book here.
I’m not tagging anyone, but if you end up doing this tag feel free to tag me in your post!
Thanks for reading!