Despite the fact the two of us are notoriously bad at sticking to TBRs, that has never stopped us from assembling them every so often.
Here are the books that we hope to read during 2021.
I’ve never been all that good at sticking to TBRs, but has that ever stopped me from making one?? No, it has not. Anyways, these are the books I’d love to squeeze in before 2022!!
- Box in the Woods by Maureen Johnson – I really enjoyed the Truly Devious mystery, so I’m excited to see the whole crew back for a new, self-contained mystery.
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang – I have waiting for this book for like two years; ever since Helen Hoang hinted Quan was getting a book. It’s time!!
- A Good Day for Chardonnay by Darynda Jones – I’ve already preordered my copy of this and I can’t wait to continue with Sunshine Vicram’s story.
- Tithe/Valiant/Ironside by Holly Black – I am working my way through Holly Black’s back catalog and of course, her other Fairieland stories are the ones I want to pick up first.
- She’s Too Pretty To Burn by Wendy Heard – I picked up this audiobook via libro.fm, but haven’t listen to it yet because it has one of the same narrators as A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder (review here) and I haven’t adjusted to that voice not being Pip’s yet.
- Primer by Jennifer Muro, Thomas Krajewski, & Gretel Lusky – I picked this graphic novel up in one of my Mysterious Galaxy orders this year, and I would really love to be able to read to this year too.
- The Lady’s Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite – I feel like this book has been recommend to me through multiple sources, so I really ought to have read it. Now I own the audiobook, so it’s only a matter of time.
It is worth noting that I found a TBR list I made in January and I had read only one of those books. So take this list with a grain of salt and let me know if there are any on here that I absolutely have to read this year.
- A Brush With Love by Mazey Eddings – I’m curious to see how this debut romance is! I have no idea what it is about (except I think the characters are in dental school), but I follow the author on Insta and I’ve enjoyed seeing her publishing journey!
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang – No explanation needed! We love Helen Hoang’s books so much.
- Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon – I have a copy of this one and it is pretty short. I think a character plays basketball and it’s supposed to be emotional so I’m intrigued. I also just heard Nicola on a podcast so now I really want to read it.
- Never Saw You Coming by Erin Hahn – I’ve heard nothing but good things about this novel that discusses purity culture and the church.
- Hunger or Difficult Women (or both) by Roxane Gay – I own both of these and have for quite some time. I really need to get to them.
- Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers – I preordered this one and yet still have not read it. I’ve heard amazing things and need to get to it asap!
What books are you aiming to fit in before the end of 2021?
xoxo, Bree & Tree