Happy New Year! Are you ready for us to shout our Bookish Resolutions into the void??
Hello 2023. We’ve only just met, but I can already tell I will not be following through on so much of what I listed below! Whoo! At least I can be honest with myself *cries*
- In previous years, I focused on utilizing my library more which led to me listening to more audiobooks rather than physically checking out books. So basically in 2023, I would like to dedicate more time to physically picking up books, whether they be ebook, owned or loaned! I miss sitting down and solely focusing on a story. No multitasking!
- I would like to clear out some of my more backlogged ARCs. My bookish guilt is eating away at me. Honestly, I would like to be more proactive about ARCs in general — I definitely felt like I was slacking in 2022. 😦
- I want to continue to support indie bookstores & authors with my purchases and avoid giving my change to the bigger conglomerates. Also, to spread this mindset to anyone I know planning to buy some books!
- I would like to get back into writing reviews for all of my reads, meaning I need to start taking notes for all of them again!! The effort!
- At some point I will need to reorganize my library (hoard of books) and purge the all the ones I have superfluously collected over the years. (Eventually a book needs to go — especially when its only purpose is to constitute the rainbow shelf.)
- Lastly, I would like to plan/write more of my blog posts in advance! It’s something I struggle with endlessly, and I always seem to be racing against one deadline or another.
Do I make the same resolutions every year? Probably. But I’ve listed a few things I want to focus on.
- I need to clear out NetGalley titles from 2022 and before! I think I still have a few 2021 books and I need to clear them out.
- Continue focusing on my Owned Books.
- I keep buying cheap ebooks which I also need to get a handle on.
- I also want to continue to be intentional with my book buying and try to buy more from diverse authors and support local bookstores.
- Figure out ways to highlight more “less popular” titles on the blog/bookstagram.
- Finish my Taylor Swift Song Titles as Books Challenge.
- I’ve been “working” on a blog post where I read books that have titles that are also Taylor Swift songs and lets just say I have only read one book. So I need to get a jump on this and actually finish it. If you have recs, please leave them in the comments.
- This is something I did last year, but I want my first five reads to be by BIPOC authors.
Thanks for reading! What are some of your goals for 2023?
xoxo, Bree & Tree
4 thoughts on “2022 Bookish Resolutions”
fantastic list of goals for the new year! 🥳
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay for fellow library lovers! I couldn’t survive without my (multiple) library cards and all the free books they allow me to read! Here’s to more physical reading in the new year — I’m hoping to do the same! And I can’t WAIT to see more about that Taylor Swift song titles as books guide!
LikeLiked by 1 person
thank for reading!! And yess!! We both have multiple cards too (got to get those holds in!!)
I’ll do my best with the song titles HAHAH